Hi,

I wanna put and HID headlight on these headlights. Hella quad cross hairs.

Has anyone got any ideas what kit I use. There's that many on ebay I don't want to buy the wrong one. Would 8000k be ok aswell. Don't wanna melt my lights. Ha. They also have double sidelights.

Can I use LED bulbs for them?

Any help would be gratelly appreciated.

Carl

cf211349d405195f71edc009498c4ace_zps080c

What do you mean double side lights? That the dips come on half power with the sidelights? First you would have to disconnect either the resistor on the o/s chassis leg or undo the cable for it from the multi plug for the headlight switch. HIDs will not work at half power, they will strobe and burn out.

The type you need are H1 there are tons of cheap shit on eBay but usually you buy shit you buy twice, I have never had a problem with hids4u their kit is immense quality, there are loads of discount codes too which brings the price down considerably

Arr right. Yeah that's right, all four sort of come on half power like four side lights don't they!!! Where's the resistor on the chassis leg Luke? Can I use 8000k? I wanted something abit brighter but don't want to melt them. What K are you using in yours pal?

I was kinda hoping you'd reply as I noticed you had these lights on yours at Harewood. :-)

What have you done with your side light bulbs then mate? I've noticed the bulbs in these crosshairs ain't the same as the ones in my original headlamps.

8000k won't really be as bright as 5000k. You'll get a pure white light at 5000k and the 8000k will have a purple tint to them. If you want really bright lights get a 55w kit instead of the normal 35w kit. I'm with Luke hids4u are spot on. I've had my kit from them in 3 cars now and I've never had a problem with them

Cheers lads for the info. I'd of just lost the plot with them if they started flickering and stamped on them. Haha.

This now explains why they started flickering when I removed a set from my colour concept and put them on my vr6. Haha.

Oh Luke where do you find these discount codes aswell mate. Just been on hid4u and a set of H1 55w are £100 delivered. Haha.

Shit man..... £100 for brighter bulbs lol

Cheer pal

Carl

• 4 weeks later...

Have a google as they change them. I think strathy was a long standing code though good for like 25 or 30%

Well pal I managed to get some from hids4u.

H1 55w 5000k for £60 all in. There fitted now. Just need some good bright side light bulbs because they look shite original. Haha. And another thing Lukey. I couldn't get that yellow wire out of the multi plug on the back of my light switch so I've just cut through it half way down so I can join it back up if I need to. Haha.