oil leaking out the top of my head studs!!

i have oil leaking out the top of my head studs WTF! after my normal burn home from work i had a quick look under the hood and saw oil bubbling out the tops of the head studs any one know if this is bad? i have just had a new head put on and all the gaskets, %-6 x)

right - start at the begining - do you mean head studs? A standard VR6 doesnt have head "studs" - it has allen style stretch "bolts".

Or has yours had upgraded "studs" put in? ARP? Raceware?

Post up a pic - you might be talking about the cam cover studs (on early VR6's with alloy cam cover) or bolts (later VR6's with black plastic cam cover).

Jules

hi yeah its def the head studs and they are raceware ones, looks as though there is slight wheaping of oil also around the head gasket!?

would i be losing power through this as my car has been running really choppy since getting the new head, Cheers

ok - good - now I know that you know what you are talking about - if you see what I mean....!

Yes - it sounds like a problem. I have ARP head studs and have never experienced anything like this.

It sounds like either is not been torqued up right, or maybe there is damage to the head which is making the bolts not sit 100% flat?

Either way, you could be weeping oil into your water, or combustion gasses into your water - so be careful if you drive the car as you could do some damage if its not fixed - like blow your coolant hoses or heater matrix for example.

Jules