just after some advice really, i have a 95 vr6 golf that don't like to start! it's fine from cold but once its warm and then left for afew minutes it takes ages to start! i scanned it and it came up with 00513 engine speed sensor no signal. so i changed that and still no better, when it eventually starts there's no misfire or anything its just like someone flicks a switch! only other thing i can think of is its running a 4 bar fuel pressure reg so maybe its had a remap that it don't like? any help would be much appreciated. cheers. jack.

just after some advice really, i have a 95 vr6 golf that don't like to start! it's fine from cold but once its warm and then left for afew minutes it takes ages to start! i scanned it and it came up with 00513 engine speed sensor no signal. so i changed that and still no better, when it eventually starts there's no misfire or anything its just like someone flicks a switch! only other thing i can think of is its running a 4 bar fuel pressure reg so maybe its had a remap that it don't like? any help would be much appreciated. cheers. jack.

From what I remember I think the earlier VR6 engines were running 4bar regulators.

Before changing the CTS, maybe unplug when warm and start, see if its still the same hesitation in starting.

its the coilpack model, i have now tried a genuine vw crank sensor and its no different,

i have also been told it could be a connecter block on the back of the ignition switch, is that possible?

If it was the switch it wouldnt crank...

Your car is hesitating to fire up right when warm?

If problems consisting after the car was warm, have a look at your plugs.

yeah when its warm its a nightmare, i have unplugged the cts and its no different, im running out of ideas now

Whilst unplugging the CTS it should have made a difference.

Please check the state of your Plugs too.

it sarted no different at all with the cts unplugged, if the plugs were at fault would there not be a misfire?

No missfire, Just low spark to fire it up.

I had a case where a plug had oil sweeping inn hence why I asked to check plugs mate.

Had the same scenario, when cold will fire up on one shot.. When warm was a bit hesitant.