I got mine off vwpartsinternational for about £50, you can't buy just the pvc valve off vw. If it's one of those number plate checker apps vr6's come up as 128bhp which is b*llocks, highline registrations come up as 172 bhp

Sent from your mums iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, you shouldn't use a catch tank.

On the face of it, they are cheaper (depends on model) and will do the job just fine. You can also get a one that's colour coded to your car and looks cool. However, the cheap-ass ones from eBay come with terrible fixtures and fittings. By the time you've got decent hoses and connectors for it, plus the hassle of finding a place for it to go, plus the hassle of having to empty it periodically.... just use the PCV! There is no performance increase from using a catch can. 

I installed a catch tank, but have now went back to a PCV setup. As previously mentioned, try Ford as the Galaxy uses the same part (and they supply it as the PCV only, minus the pipes) and it's slightly cheaper. An apparently new and genuine VW part can currently be found on eBay for about £50. Or get a good used one from someone on here for about £15-£20.

As for the bhp discussion: 128 is the KW and 174 is the BHP...

...until you slap a turbo in there ;-)

Cheers for the help guys going to take the throttle body off tomorrow and give it a good clean and get a new pcv and see how that goes the original plan was to take the vr out and put it into my mk1 but fell ib love with it the way it is now:p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk