Hope somebody can help. Got a corrado vr6, non starter. Replaced ecu relay, fuel pump relay, in tank fuel pump and external filter. Have checked fuses but will check again. The car has been sitting for about 7 years. It has an immobiliser on but it seems fine. The engine turns over and does fire up if you put fuel in the inlet manifold.

Should the new fuel pump make a buzzing/ whirring noise? I have checked, and there is power going to the fuel pump wiring clip, if only for a split second.

Any help suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thnk you, Scott.

im not sure on these but specifically but it should have a priming function when the ignition is switched on ,  so when you turn the y key to i think 2nd stage it should prime the system with fuel and the correct pressure should be at the fuel rail ..  so id get someone to put there head near the fuel tank or back seat and listen for the pump noises when ignition switched on ...  then id go to the rail and i would check for pressure at the rail using the valve at the end of the rail ...  presuming there is no fuel at the rail and no fuel pump noise as your saying there is no power at the wires ..  id get a 12v battery if you don't own a power probe and id directly apply 12v and ground to the pump and see if it works ...  if it does then you either have a wiring issue or a component that allows power to the system itself ... id check earths ...  relays ..  fuses again just to be sure ..  if you can try to access a wiring diagram and then its chasing wires to check for brakes or damage ..  what immobilizer is on it?  id imagine its fairly basic if it allows the car to run with fuel down the inlet as normally a half decent one cuts power to the crank sensor or starter motor ..  or another vital starting/ running component ..  the fact there is no power to the pump could still indicate an immobilizer issue so id be getting access to the fuse board and checking to see if there are any obvious wires have been spliced in anywhere.