Any idea what bolt size to get? (MkIV 4mo)

Hey guys,

My bonnet is getting a little tricky to open and I suspect it's because I've removed the bolts holding the lock carrier and the rest of the front of the car in place and failed to resite some of them for a number of reasons including rusted to **** bolts, rounded heads and even snapped bolts. As a result the lock carrier is missing two bolts at present and there's a fair bit of play in it.

Now I'm slightly concerned that one day I'm going to try to open the bonnet and not manage to get in so looking to buy some replacement bolts - primarily for the lock carrier but figured it'd be nice to be able to swap over a lot of old bolts for new ones next time I've got the front off.

I've looked in my Bentley and Googled but failed to find anything on the size I should be getting.

TLDR: Anyone know what size bolts to buy for the lock carrier and/or other common front bumper bolts? (Car is a 2002 Mk IV Golf 2.8L 4motion).

Thanks in advance!

FYI the bolts missing are the ones circled in red:

Lock%20carrier.png

Are the other ones the exact same size? If so take one to a tool and hardware shop and match it up.

Not a bad idea, only issue is there's then pretty much nothing holding it in place at all! :P

Let's call that a last resort.

I've managed to get a part number (N90807301) so now just gotta find a place to get it from in the UK :)

Thanks

Thanks, I've ordered a pack of 10 from the 'bay for £1.50.. can't go too far wrong there :P

Only concern is the real thing has a smaller unthreaded bit at the end which obviously isn't there on a regular M6x25 bolt but worst case scenario I can always cut the end off the bolt.

What do you mean by the lowers? Some of the bolts fixing the lock assembly further down, or something else? Ta

Nice one, thanks, I'll get some of those ordered too then. You don't happen to know any other common sizes in that area, involved in securing the front bumper on do you? I've got a few random ones missing from around there but can't remember which ones exactly..