et mk2 golf confusion widetrack

Right im getting alittle confused with all this et wheel crack

been reading alot of posts and info but have a couple of questions...

i think i understand what offset (et) is...the difference in distance from the hub centreline to the wheel centreline, but having to big of an offset can be a bugger on your kingpin incline surely?as the offset weight would wear wheelbearings out faster.

so you can have negitive and positive et but are the figures stamped on wheels + figures and if it was negitive it would state it?

basically i am after a set of wheels for my mk2 vr6 but i am using corrado widetrack running gear,the et is 10 and they are 16x8 wheels,are these gonna rub like crazy on lock on the front of the car??

i dont want 8.5 rears and 8's on the front as that will just screw my handling up so 8j all rounds good for me.

standard et for corrados is 34/5?? so does that mean i need a 15mm spacer to sit these right in my arches?? 

but wit it being widetrack already,wider being 10mm difference,should these sit ok in my arches???

any help would be greatly appriciated

unsure weather this should be in the mk2 section or the wheel/suspension section

cheers

so could i get away with et10 on a mk2 then being 16x8j or will they be too much??

I am lost but nice to see some figures

been readin this too,seems a good guide its just a matter of understanding all the info

http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?220814-THE-(long-overdue!)-Definitive-Wide-Tracking-FAQ&p=2023804#post2023804