Poly trailing arm bush size problem

Decided its time to give the rear end a make over, bought a spare set of trailing arms to build up and swap to save time off the road, i have replaced all 4 bushes on rear of hub with gen vw ones, was fun but got there with a fair bit of grunting a vice and several large sockets! came to the front main arm to chassis bushes, got them out no problem but came to fit the new polys ( Red so called R32 from e-bay) and size was way off, i could of chucked them through with a good aim! about 10mm smaller diameter. Bit the bullet and have ordered powerflex instead but phoned to return the red ones (which is not a problem) but the bloke seemed confused so he rang the manufacturer and was told a minority have larger bushes, am now confused as to wether i'm being fobbed off as i thought mk4 4motion, r32 etc all had same rear arms etc has anybody else come across this? just hope the new ones fit. Also got hold of r32 rear roll bar to tighten things up along  with poly bushes for it, new drop links, disks and pads.

I have just brought rear inner and outer powerflex bushes for mine (as they need changing) now l am hoping they bloody fit! lol but yes as far as l know all 4mo's and mk4 r32's are the same when it comes to things like this buddy

let me know how you get on :)

• 2 months later...

Well been a while but had enough spare time and jobs done!! difference is like night and day. Car feels planted and alot more eager to turn in with less understeer and gone are the knocks rattles and bangs!! So the car now has all new R32 cast wishbones and hubs, outer cv joints, new steering arms, track rod ends and ball joints, top mounts and bearings, powerlex roll bar bushes up front. R32 shocks and springs all round. R32 rear roll bar and powerflex bushes (keeping front std to aid turn in) refurbed trailing arms with front powerflex main bush and gen VW rear arm bushes with top adjustable arms. R32 miltek sports cats mated to non res miltek system(sounds the mutts) and pipercross panel. Rear Sharan badge and gen. aristo's. All wood trim changed to brushed ally apart from gear lever which i still need to source. Next task is to save the pennies and upgrade the front brakes, then new shocks and finally F.I. when and if funds allow.