Wheel bearing replacement, new hubs aswell?

Looking to replace the front wheel bearings, noticed some play in one of them when I recently changed a cv boot. Is it also worth replacing the hub aswell?

Also, when it comes to the make of the new bearings, I've seen some Febi/Bilstein ones, they usually make O.E quality stuff so thought they should be ok, or am i better off going to the dealer? Thing is I can't see a listing for the bearing on its own from VW.

One last thing, any ideas where I can rent a bearing press, or do I just take the hubs to a garage?

It makes life easier to change the hub at the same time buddy, dont have to get the old bearing off then and you can pick up a new hub for lik £30.

Febi/Bilstein parts tend to be fine as far as l know and l would just drop them in at a garage to press on quick. :)

Edited by Nex

You cant buy the genuine bearing all on its own, you cant even buy the full bearing kit #33 it was dropped not very long ago, you can still buy the full bearing kit for the base suspension golf just not the plus (GTI, VR6). But the list of parts included is identical, I would think you'd get 4 stud hubs though. Id just get SKF bearings and re use everything else. Maybe a new end nut #12