speaker cable through front door

has anyone put uprated cable through the plug in the front doors? Wondered what you did cause i have just bought some diamond audio components and they have to run of the amp so need to get cable through there one way or another, any ideas?

Cheers Paul

Ps its on a mk3 golf

Yes, I have done this.

Once you separate the door wiring sleeve from the body (it twists, then pulls out), you will see that there are several "holes" that aren't used by wires. You just drill these holes out so that they are wide enough to take the two speaker wires, then thread the speaker wires through.

thanks chaps, yeah got diamond audio hex's to go in the front and they are powered buy a very nice genesis amp with a fosgat sub in the back for now, just have to try a design some sort of install now! that will be fun ;)

How the hell did you guys get the remote wire and the rca cabels from behind the headunit to the boot?

I had a go last night and there is just no way i could feed the wire behind the passenger airbag and down so that i could see it under the glove box! %-6

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i want to get my new speakers in and amped up. :)

Cheers

I took my RCA cables under the steering wheel, then above the fuse/relay box then to the boot.

Feeding the wires is a pain. Remove trim from under the steering wheel & fuse box area. Remove the plastic trim next to the accelerator (you'l lhave to undo a coupleof bolts which hold the bonnet lever in place) Remove plastic cill cover.

Get an old wire coat hanger & unravel it to get a straight bit of wire. tape the RCA leads to the coat hanger and carefully feed them thru the HU gap to under the steering wheel, bending the hanger as needed. I tried without the hanger but the RCA cables would just disappear somewhere behind the dash.

You can then run the RCA through the wireing tunnel in the door cill, round the back of the rear door card (if 3 door) and then into the boot.

Cool thanks alot!

Wheres the wiring tunnel? Sorry only just got my new VR6 and it's a bit different to the Valver!

My other wiring question is how the hell do you get the tweeter covers off in the rear (3dr), i've tried easing it off but didn't want to snap or break it!

Cheers for any help ;)

'tunnel' is prob the wrong word. You need to take off the plastic trim which sits at the bottom of the door cill - and run the wire thru there. See pic. (Plastic trim is on inside of car) 4re421. there is a plastic fixing on the rear of the bit of trim, then it just pulls off.

[ Edited Thu Apr 28 2005, 10:45PM ]

Wicked, cheers mate.

I have actually got the power cable from the battery to the boot running under that bit of trim on the passengers side. i just tucked it under the trim! So i'll have a look at the driver's side and maybe take it off to get the RCA cables and speaker cables to the boot!

Any idea on the rear tweeters?

Sorry last question!