Any 4motion v6 Turbo owners on here :)

I have a 4 motion, I also have a turbo but they haven't met yet! I have 90% of what I need to turbo the car, just looking for head spacer and inlet manifold, or should I say I have found them I just have to fund them.

Post up a bit more about your motor, would be of interest.

well it was converted a few years ago i think and has had a hard life lol im not 100% on everything but its running a GT30 turbo has uprated injectors (not sure which) Apexi SAFC2 external wastegate with a screamer pipe i think and uprated clutch

Its has a second hand engine fitted recently (not 100% why) but this is a standard engine so im looking to sort a head spacer as sure its not good running without it its running the standard map still so looking to get it remapped and its been setup using the SAFC2 but think someone has messed that all up as its not quick and dont like boosting in the lower gears

im used to cars that are made turbo'd and then doing them up so buying one thats had a turbo stick on and not really been setup for it is new to me lol

gone quiet on here lol well bit more update info

when i got the car home i plugged vagcom in and found 32 fault codes lol i cleared them all and rerun the car and 11 came back i since been working on sorting them and got it down to 5 now :) , 2 which are lambdas which ive ordered 1 a abs sensor which i have now 1 is steering angle fault and other is secondary air pump reply ( which is missing lol ) so by middle of next week i should only have the 2 last codes left then ill strip it down and check injectors and hopfully get a remap booked :D

• 2 weeks later...

well few updates spoke to jim last week and will be meeting him soon to take a look at the car and hopefully get some new mapping and need to get a head spacer fitted

been doing few bits to the car fitted 2 new rear calipers as they was sticking on also changed the thermostat housing as this had a crack in it fitted 2 new lambdas but might have to have play with theses as seems i only have 3 fitted lol

fitted 1 new tyre today as the tennis ball growing out the sidewall was starting to get Bigger :) also removed carbon canister and ordered a washer bottle as mine been removed for the turbo pipework

:)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys i'm new to the forum and all the car stuff....I also have a v6 4motion AUE looking to tubo it. I got a garrett gt35/40r by mistake(long story). I was told to do engine rebuild before I go turbo, so I found a gen 1 haldex controller, got big break conversion (tarox 6pot) also my master cylinder went so I was advised if going turbo do clutch so as we speak I'm having a clutch master fx850 with aluminium flywheel. I'm hoping some advice also on parts I want to get.....with my current turbo (not fitted) I'm looking for 450ft/tq maybe more... but my question is what wastegate should I get?

• 1 month later...

well it was converted a few years ago i think and has had a hard life lol im not 100% on everything but its running a GT30 turbo has uprated injectors (not sure which) Apexi SAFC2 external wastegate with a screamer pipe i think and uprated clutch

Its has a second hand engine fitted recently (not 100% why) but this is a standard engine so im looking to sort a head spacer as sure its not good running without it its running the standard map still so looking to get it remapped and its been setup using the SAFC2 but think someone has messed that all up as its not quick and dont like boosting in the lower gears

im used to cars that are made turbo'd and then doing them up so buying one thats had a turbo stick on and not really been setup for it is new to me lol

Do you know what size injectors you are running as you are more likely than not over fueling which will cause bore wash and premature engine failure. Also running high compression will give adverse affects.

Steering angle sensor, I had that issue, I ended up using VCDS to re calibrate it, I then got an ABS warning light, I had to sit in a large car park, press the foot brake firmly down until the ABS light started to flash, once flashing drive the car under 15 mph whilst steering from lock to lock, after a few turns the light went off and everything was set.

Injectors, I have got 630cc or 60lb depending in where you live.

Steering angle sensor, I had that issue, I ended up using VCDS to re calibrate it, I then got an ABS warning light, I had to sit in a large car park, press the foot brake firmly down until the ABS light started to flash, once flashing drive the car under 15 mph whilst steering from lock to lock, after a few turns the light went off and everything was set.

Injectors, I have got 630cc or 60lb depending in where you live

I've got 630's in mine and they needed settings changed.