Water reservoir brown liquid

phonetoday166.jpg

I know there is a plastic pipe running into the engine area Im wondering if that has split and causing oil to leak into the reservoir as my oil level is low also only thing I can think of.

Anyone have any def ideas please text me on 07961759831 as Im working away for a few days.

Nathan

wowsers! That doesn't look good.

It can only really be the oil cooler or head gasket for oil to mix with your coolant matey.

I think you maybe referring to the "crack pipe" when you mention the plastic pipe running into the engine area? it runs across the front of the engine.

but I have seen oil coolers giving up that have allowed oil / water to mix, at the very least, you've got a good few hours flushing the entire system, and the worst, you've got a knackered head gasket / cracked block etc...

let us know how you get on mate!

Is that a for a genuine oil cooler and seals? If so are you getting a subsidised price on it as they are an exchange part. Plus if you have a basic toolkit it is VERY easy to do yourself I reckon it would cost less for the genuine cooler, seals, oil resistant sealant, oil, filter and (if going for a full flush) 3 bottles of G13 to do yourself on a saturday. The only out of the ordinary tool you need is a big ass 36mm socket to take the filter housing cap off and a 32mm socket for the oil cooler cap. Plus you'd know it was done correctly.

Yeah, as said this is a DIY job really :)

Replace cooler / seals, and run a hose through the coolant system, until it runs clear - connect hoses up, fill with just water... start the engine and it will probably sludge up again where the water pump has shifted it through.... keep repeating this process until it's 100% clear, and then fill with coolant :)

The febi oil coolers are quite cheap, and seals are a few quid...