New MK3 R32 owner in need of assistance

picked up a MK3 Golf with an R32 BFH conversion last year, things didnt go to will, on the way home blew 2 rivets on the pressure plate ;(

Replaced the clutch and have been driving it this week, ocassionally the car goes into a "limp mode" and using the accelerator i'm only able to hit 2K top, and whilst putting it back togther i noticed a couple of things in the engine bay that look odd which may or may not be contributing to the cars ill health.

I've plugged the plug in the below pic in , but originally it had been left out, should it be in or left off?

8133E0ED-2DC0-4226-8795-7BBBCAEDFBEC-3899-000002E30E4F3BCA_zps1258d939.jpg

on the right hand side of the engine bay, the following plug is on quite a long lead, but i cant seem to figure out where it should go?

DDE83D4D-B108-4672-A58B-B7D7A7373807-3899-000002E3019874EF_zps55ea0256.jpg

on the left hand side numerous taped up wires, anyone recognise these?

6362ABCB-9181-4E16-8FCD-17767AE2A6BC-3899-000002E2D263D840_zps814f667f.jpg

I also have issues with the handbrake light only working with the ignition on (red lights) when the engine running the handbrake light does not come on when pulled up?

The vagcom port on the dash is not working or plugged in?

if anyone can help with answering any of these it would greatly help?

many thanks

Dil

as above get in touch with the previous owner to find out more about the wireing , the two connections at the front with the box , if i remember correctly one of them is for the VVT on the inlet manifold and the other was for secondary air injection?? , the bundle of wires could be for things that isnt actualy needed on the 3.2 loom into mk3 , things like oil temp/pressure {old ce2/mk3 loom wires would still be in use for them}, secondary air pump? charcoal canister? outside temp sender? etc etc i wouldnt worry tbh , with the diagnostic port im guessing you have tryed scanning it? have you tryed scanning it with the engine running ? or just with ign on? , with the rev limit problem a memeber on the corrado forum posted up as he had a similar problem and it was the crank speed sensor. may or may not be your problem but worth checking out, you have the original mk3 clocks fitted?