Newly aquired mk2 golf,

picked up this a few weeks ago, its an unfinished ABF project 1990 { was a 1.8 16v }, runs though,

been sorting out the body work , im now getting to grips with getting it running good

and sorting out the shambles of what some people might call an exhaust, i call it abit of pipe with a box on the end, so Fn loud i think you could actualy wake the dead with this car!

so i got a mid box on order, already fitted a center silencer, but im toying with the idea of putting in my left over 12v vr6 from when i did the 24v in my corrado into this, it all depends on what parts i need to get, it has the subframe from a mk3 ABF with Pas,

would i have to change the subframe to a vr6 subframe all will the vr6 mounts line up ok to this subframe?

DSC00073.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

ah sweet, i didnt know that, so apart from the front cross memeber i can bolt up a vr6 and a gearbox easy peasy! , i'll see how this abf wants to play and if it doesnt play ball its outa here!!

think im gona concentrate on getting this ABF running good, its the cheaper option for now,

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0195.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

• 10 months later...