Just been on to VW parts about getting the smooth colour coded bump strips for my 3 door, they quoted me £180 for both sides! Jeez that seems like an insane price for plastic strips!

Anybody know anywhere or got any ideas where i can get them from that's not gonna make by bank account twitch?

I had a look underneath my plastic arches at the weekend and it all looks sweet so i wanna get them off as soon as.. but i need the smooth bump strips first.

Ideas please people, i know it's looking like i'm on a breakers yard phone mission tho init...

bugger -looked on his post and they've all gone. just keep trying the breakers or maybe people breaking cars through egay.

what sort of prices are you getting from breakers??

[ Edited Mon Apr 04 2005, 04:05PM ]

I haven't found a breaker thats got a late MK3 yet but i'm at work so it's a bit tricky if you know what i mean, there's none on egay either but thanks anyway stu, shame about them ones from waynee h, anyhow i'll update this string when i find'em... and also anybody else if you do first please!

Yes, but the first owner of the car for some strange reason thought that the earlier bump strips and arches would look better wit hthe ABT splitter and side skirts. I'll be rectifying his poor judgement very soon.

Well i've had no luck at all in finding these strips apart from one breaker who had one of the six sections i need, i've made about 15 calls + 5 emails and nutthin', nobody's got them ~:( apart from the main stealer and i could spend £180 so much better else where... One guy even said that he won't take them off anymore as he's tried and they just bend? B)

If anybody comes across them, or you fancy selling me yours ;) please PM me!

[ Edited Wed Apr 06 2005, 03:13PM ]