Things to do while replacing water pump

So after 25k of trouble free raggage the VR (now at 101k) needs a bit o' love :) The water pump has started to leak and been temporarily K-sealed, aux water pump is dead, starter motor is now dead and there are a more than a few rusty spots under the hood. While I'm doing these bits what else should I replace / strip and reassemble? Here's the shopping list so far:

Starter

Water Pump (new pulley too?)

Serp. belt & tensioner (possibly just regrease it, see what it looks like)

All coolant hoses (and maybe thermo housing & crack pipe if they get broken in the process)

Front engine mount (since it's gonna get lifted anyway?)

Derusting gloop and POR-15

The power steering hoses (the metal bits) are looking pretty sad too, hopefully will be able to derust & paint but will have to see.

Looking for some bits of plastic for under the engine bay to protect it during the winter too, lost the main bit covering the aircon etc. on the A43 last week. Anyone got any good improvisation ideas?

Any suggestions? This car is my daily and is staying on the ROAD, yagetme :)

If I was you, and I imagine most people on here will agree, do the crack pipe regardless. You may as well do it as you're in the perfect opportunity to do it, and those things are so brittle, it might look ok to the eye but the smallest crack and it'll go.

Definitely worth putting in a stainless steel replacement too if your budget will stretch for it. Well worth it in my opinion.

But good luck with everything you picked the better time of the year to do it.. I always do my projects in the middle of winter lol

Thanks Lukey, will do the above as well. When I flush everything where should I put the water in and where shall I let it pi$$ out of? I was thinking of flushing from the heater matrix input and draining from the bottom of the rad...

I love it when a plan comes together... New starter arrived today, got the day off work and it's not gonna rain. Woop!