right people, quick question. when your abs kicks in how does the pedal feel? as i have changed the module, and rewired the plug on as the other had had quite bad corrosion. i checked the two 30amp fuses one had popped so replaced that. then took it for a spin on the wet roads and slammed my anchors on and they didnt lock up but i couldnt feel any pulsing from the pedal as such. but im sure it felt like the car was letting off the braking pressure.

my old mk3 gti you could feel the pedal and really here it but in this theres no noise or anything? :S

ill try skidding again in the morning on the way to work see what happens.

Normally it has a vibration under the pedal, you can sometimes hear the relay buzzing in the footwell.. never got mine to kick in though even on wet roads, only on snow really. However now all the time cuz I got a sensor problem :(

right ill give it a go in the morning again then if not ill change the motors over too if not then look at the wiring as theres:

2 thick red wires- presuming live feeds

2 thick brown wires - presuming there earths

2 thin grey and white wires

and another colour has two so ill take a look into them but i cant seem to find a abs wiring diagram anywhere.

if still no luck ill replace the ecu too

Have you thought of running it through Vag com. Usually the ABS is quite sensitive and would report an error.

Does your light come on and go off with the ignition? It does a self test, if there's a fault detected the light would stay on. Seems unusual if the light comes on then off and the ABS doesn't work properly :)

This is the thing Pete, I don't have the dash lights as I think they were removed because of the light being on due to the corroded wires. So I got the plug off craggsy and abs module anyone got vagcom from round Leicestershire area or willing to meet somewhere ?

Sounds possible you have a fault code but as you don't have a light your unaware.

It's now an MOT re

quirement that the abs light comes on and goes out so something you'll need to sort out before your next MOT. I'm in stoke and have Obd2 vag com if you get stuck! I'm sure there's a few more people with vag com though up your way :)