I was looking at replacing my exsisting pulleys for a set of these Neuspeed Power Pulleys from Awesome GTi store.

I know where they go and can fit them myself but has anyone or does anyone know of someone who has had these fitted to their VR?

It also states on the Neuspeed site that they will give a 5BHP increase at the wheels. they are a bit pricey at £225 but at the moment im trying to get them shipped over from America as they are dirt cheap!

Any info or help is greatly appreciated

I wouldn;t imagine that just lightening pullies would gain you 5BHP.

If they're underdrive pullies, that's a different matter. These gear down the alternator & power steering pump (so that they spin slower for a given engine speed and hence sap less power). This mod could easily gain you 5BHP, if not more.

A very popular mod in the US.

[ Edited Sun Mar 20 2005, 11:12AM ]

i believe your right mate, they are the underdrive pulleys. Im still getting to grips with the workings of the engine!!!

I have been looking to extract more power without going the Schrick route just yet and thought I might get these pulleys.

Any other info or help on these pulleys?

FYI' date=' I have read somewhere that if you intend to supercharge your VR6 at a later stage, it is better not to run with the underdrive pulleys. Something to do with mismatched harmonics tha may damage the crankshaft.[/quote']

Hitens the man to ask... he has them on his mk2 VR and was saying something about them being no good for a supercharged car at J29

[ Edited Mon Mar 21 2005, 09:31AM ]

goodboy1451 is right, underdriven pulleys dont work as good as the standard ones when using a supercharger. as the crank pulley is smaller the rest of the pulley's run slower and you'll get less boost.

you can get lightweight pulley's which are the same size as the orignal one which should make a difference.

i've got unorthoxodox pulley's on mine. they came in a set of 3 as the crank one is smaller so the powersteering is larger to make up for the loss in size so the belt still fits and i also got an alternator one. they work well and weigh nothing compared to the heavy standard one

[ Edited Mon Mar 21 2005, 09:44AM ]