gti to vr6 conversion complete but a few problems. relay clicking and no diagnostics communication

hey peeps, need your help

converted an obd2 gti to an obd1 vr6, which included changing the whole loom. now my fuel pump relay clicks with ignition on. changed the ecu relay and fuel pump relay but still the FPR clicks and fuel pump cuts in and out at the same time, when the car is running it seems to be using alot more fuel.

tried to plug in my diagnostic machine but it wont communicate at all.

also the handbrake warning light is constantly on (slightly dim) but gets brighter when handbrake is applied.

any help would be much appreciated, especialy for the diagnostic problem

Thanks in advance

JerseyVR6 ;)

Yep you'll need Relay 109 but I don't think the car will run without it. So I'm guessing you have it. Sounds like a possible maf as obd1 cars run and cut out with out it plugged in or working. Also did you use the keys etc off the vr as most vr6 have immobilisers built in it was only the super early ones that didn't have them.

Yh try 109 that powers ecu and a lot of other things. I think the lambda heater control which is connected to fuel pump etc. could be your solution if you have used the vr ignition. Oh a doubley make sure all connectors are pushed in the fuse box fully. ;)

cheers dude, i think i can rule out the fusebox, im starting to think ive used the obd2 gti wiring. as i recall it being different, im gunna try my spare loom out.

found another strange problem, i can flash my headlights with my rear screen demister switch :s this is geting silly now haha

I've managed to sort out the dlc communication problem. I missed out the junction box for the signal wires. And i've fixed the demister flashing problem. Was a wrong connection on one of the White plugs behind the fusebox.

I'm still stumped with the fuel pump relay clicking and the handbrake warning light. Anyone got any ideas please?

Dont know cant find it in wiring diagrams, they all just seem to relate to the rear brake lights.

the obd1 and obd2 looms do look different, especially to do with the instrument cluster and lighting.

Have you also messed around with the reservoir level sensor and fluid level etc, as that will bring the light on too, aswell as abs issues.

a fault scan may shed light on if theres multiple problems etc