help missfire has my head battered

Alrite guys, I hope someone can help. ive got a miss on my VR at low revs but once you get the revs passed 2k the miss goes. if you give it a bit grief then stop at a set of lights or something and pull away again the miss is back but worse and sounds like its back firing through the air filter. I just want to try and pin point the problem before i star throwing money at it. and it'll also keep the wife happy that im not sinking all our money into just a car hahaha :D

I had the exact same issue with mine. I changed everything on mine so spent quite a bit, all new parts aswell.I changed MAff, lambda, coil pack leads and crank sensor. Still no better in anyway with all these changed. I then bought a new cam sensor, and it cured it. I reackon yours will be the same as your symptoms sound the same as mine. Where are you located mate?

I haven't had a chance yet mate the VR is my second car so it's not getting used at the moment I'm busy getting it prep'd for paint for GTI this year. There's a lad breaking a Obd 2 engine and box on here so I think I'll try him for the part first and see if that sorts it