Help Please/Clarification!...

I haven't had my mk2 vr6 for long (its currently hibernating) and i've been collecting a few bits and pieces ready for the better weather to hit the road with it! :-)

I know this has been long talked about and discussed but i just want clarification...

According to: http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?106705

I have an OBD1 lump (as i have pictured my throttle body and that matches) BUT as i've pictured below, the engine is from 01/10/1996 making it a 'P' reg

Unfortunately the code stamped on the block itself below it is not visible so im guessing this rocker cover must be a replacement from a later vr motor and mine is actually pre-1995?

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

DSCF1981.jpg

DSCF1982.jpg

my throttle body

Rocker is plastic so deffo a later one and as you say TB is early.

Tho the rocker covers are interchangable as i swapped my plastic late one for a polished early one.

Yeah im convinced now that's what it is, well at least i know where i stand... next up will be a rolling road to see how its going :-)

Mines a 95 engine on OBD1' date=' yet has the later rocker cover also.

could i be right in saying that only obd1's with dizzy's have metal rockers, and they changed to plastic when they changed to obd1 with coilpack?

[/quote']

No, mine was an obd1, coilpack, alloy rocker cover.