Hi people the steering in my mk3 is poo ! when i put my foot on the brake the steering does its own thing im always fighting it ! i know that my tracking is off due down to my tyres going right down to the mesh ! on one side ! i don t know what else apart from tracking could i check or sort out or i dunno but if anyone has got any advice please feel free ! thanks steve

wishbone bushes' date=' alignment, steering rack ! all sorts but you have an obvious culprit already ;) as for tyres not sure as I always use the toyo t1r's but they are soft too

[/quote']

lol well i shall get tracking sorted and see how much out they are lol and tyres such a pain because all i keep on finding are the soft com tyres go cheaper yea maybe harder but will there be any grip ! lol all i know its between the toyos or yokos !

How much are you looking to spend on tyres? look at Goodyear Mitchlen or Perelli . slightly lower down Maxxis Federal etc

i don t mind as i had a look on black circles and for my yoko's it would be for 2 fitted £120 i did look for other tyres just want some abit more harder wearing but at the same time i don t wanna loose grip !

if its tracking you're having adjusted, I would do it at the same time, as all the tracking does is put it back in line. Potholes are good for knocking it out. I'm not sure, but I think Craggsy was on about more in-depth stuff like rake, toe in and out camber etc. Tracking would be fine and cheap.

if it doesnt feel connected at all id be having a look at the bushes and stuff like track rod ends

jack it up and grab the front wheel at 12oclock and 6 and rock it for up and down play, then do the same at 9 and 3 for side to side play, for each side.

as craggsy said if youre gonna buy new tyres anyway get them fitted first and then get the alignment changes done asap after theyre fitted, as you dont want the new tyres to wear into the current setup then youll have the same problem all over next time you buy tyres again

if it doesnt feel connected at all id be having a look at the bushes and stuff like track rod ends

jack it up and grab the front wheel at 12oclock and 6 and rock it for up and down play' date=' then do the same at 9 and 3 for side to side play, for each side.

as craggsy said if youre gonna buy new tyres anyway get them fitted first and then get the alignment changes done asap after theyre fitted, as you dont want the new tyres to wear into the current setup then youll have the same problem all over next time you buy tyres again

[/quote']

ok but i thought a MOT person would have check the wheels like that ? and at the min ive got some part worn tyres on becuase of the tracking issuse i was going to get it tracked with the part worns on then get new tyres.

if its tracking you're having adjusted' date=' I would do it at the same time, as all the tracking does is put it back in line. Potholes are good for knocking it out. I'm not sure, but I think Craggsy was on about more in-depth stuff like rake, toe in and out camber etc. Tracking would be fine and cheap.

[/quote']

thanks for the advice just want the car to drive straight its a pain when you wanna drive up to 70mph and the steering wheel has a mind of its own lol