Help needed picture included thanks

Hi

I have had a vr previously . And i think i have like a pipe missing a breather pipe or something thats meant to go over the nipple in the picture. To where ou can see the bolt i thought theres meant to be a pipe from there well a pic will say a thousand words so is there something missing from here? If so then what ?

Because car idling if funny my coilpack seems okay and i even put new leads in today

Pic : http://img41.imageshack.us/i/imageblx.jpg/

Cheers

That's everythin there yes, its a crank case breather valve, very common for splitting and making cars run terrible.

As you look at it, you have the main breather.pipes, one end directly onto rocker cover, and the other end to the inlet manifold plastic bent pipe.

The smaller vacuum lines, which there are 3 of, the middle one to the top of the crank case breather valve, the right to where yours has been blocked off with a rusty bolt, ans the left bit to the charcoal cannister purge valve on the left side of the engine bay by the airbox, it is a little blue valve with a 2 pin plug on.

I havent got one on my car now as its turbo and all the pipework is different. Also means I might have that t piece pipe lying around somewhere, but I don't know where.

I might have one in the garage.. I will have a look later. I removed it just because of the turbo being put on.. want me to try dig it out?

Main dealers will get them too, or you could get a plastic t piece for like a boost gauge or something and some vacuum hose.. all stuff a local car shop would have. You could use a t piece from sceen washer pipes where it splits from 1 pipe into 2 for each nozzle

Well if the purge valve isn't there, what does the pipe from the carbon canister go to? Also if the valve isn't connected it's not an issue, it is an issue however if you don't have it connected and it's plugged in.

With my turbo, I left the purge valve connected, and just into the engine bay, when Stealth Racing remapped it, I was told if it was being left to vent to atmosphere, it needed to be unplugged. You will have a fault code for it but, it won't alter the fuelling for when it purges if you get me.

If thats removed and disconnected then, just get a piece of pipe and put it from the inlet pipe (that has been blocked on yours) to the crankcase breather valve.

So long as the EVAP purge valve is disconnected, it shouldn't be an issue.

I would strongly recommend that you get the car onto VAG COM, and see what fault codes it flags up.

Btw thought i would metion its a mk2vr6. Should i just block off the other nipple likenone in first pic? Thats best i can do cant i?

Ahhh thats probably why then ;) haha

Just put a new pipe from one to the other :) just remove the one that's been blocked off, and put a new pipe from there straight to that nipple on the top or the crankcase breather.

Possibly.. Lol can't guarantee, but if it's sucking air then it will throw fueling out. It's the simplest thing to start with. They do suffer with other problems such as leads, coil packs, air flow meters etc etc.

I've never worked on a mk2 conversion, so not sure how you'd go about retrieving fault codes. There are a few people with conversions on here, so hopefully someone can help out.

It's the simplest and easiest and cheapest thing to try, so just connect the 2 with a bit of pipe and see what happens.

Ok, obd2 has the idle control built into the throttle body, so no worries about the idle control valve. Air leaks are a bit of a pain.. the main one is the actual crank case breather valve itself, and those connecting pipes. Bit of a tricky one really without looking.

Has all of the obd2 loom been used, and has it retained its diagnostics port, I think you could do with getting it into a computer and scanning it for fault codes. without these codes, there no way of telling if there's a faulty sensor, and which one it could be.

Fix that pipe to the breather valve, see what happens, and if it still does it you'll have to have it scanned, and then go from there.