Is the tps cleanable on an ib2 throttle body? If so can anyone point me in the direction of an 'how to guide'? I've also read that to reset after cleaning and disconnect battery, that you reconnect the battery and leave it the ign in the acc positionfor 15 mins? That true to recalibrate it? Cheers guys

Is the tps cleanable on an ib2 throttle body? If so can anyone point me in the direction of an 'how to guide'? I've also read that to reset after cleaning and disconnect battery' date=' that you reconnect the battery and leave it the ign in the acc positionfor 15 mins? That true to recalibrate it? Cheers guys

[/quote']

Hi there mate.. The OBD2 throttle body is unlike the earlier VR TB's.

The only thing you can do with it is really take it off and clean with some Brake Cleaner, Open flaps and wipe. You may see black soot or oil..Nothing to worry about.

Recalibrating does not work on OBD2, all you can acheive is a Throttle reset via ECU.

Disconnect + & - terminals from battery, hold together for minimum 30sec, and then reconnect.

(that you reconnect the battery and leave it the ign in the acc positionfor 15 mins? That true to recalibrate it?)

Only if you do not take terminals off and reset when changing over or cleaning throttle.

Hope this helps and has made sense.