off the road

it has finally happend.. the MOT ran out today.. i have just got her running smooth as a nut. but thanks to the stupidly hard suspension that was fitted b4 i got it, we now looking at new bushes all round plus track rod ends plus all sorts of other suspension related bits. looks like i am gonna have to spend money, we all know tooo well how much these cars cost to keep on the road... not gonna ask for sympathy but i will have to bite the bullet and remove my cap, place it in front of my wonderful wife and beg her to add some spare money from the family funds..(those of you who are married will understand how hard this is gonna be). and the bloody sun has decided to come out. i should be blasting down some counrty lane somewhere.. sorry for the rant guys but it was building up... think i will go and rev it up for 5 mins.. might make me feel better... :-(

Feel for you mate. Hope you can get enough together to her sorted.

The old VR6's don't have the best standard suspension set-up. Mine has it's MOT in December and I know that it's the suspension that will give me hassle. I know I need new shocks and springs, top mount bushes and real axle bushes :-(

totally get where your coming from mate, mine runs out of mot at te end of this month so its going to have to come off the road for a while till i get it sorted and looking the way i want it, unfortunately the previous owner didnt realise what he had and didnt take the best care of the vr but i think thats one of the reasons i took it on well that and i really liked it to drive. but never mind with some grit, determination and a very understanding mrs it should all come good. so with any luck ill have some new pics of the vr up early next year, hope all goes well for you boys aswel, take it easy and happy vr6 fixing ;)