Hi all, last night on my way home from work I had some hesitation from the engine on pull away from trific lights. (Engine was Cold) It only lasted a few seconds and then seemed to clear itself.

This Morning I have the Engine management Light on the dash, so plugged in my computer (not vagcom) but simmilar and got the following codes.

Oxygen (lambda) Sensor, Heating Bank 2 Sensor 1 Performance too low P1108

Oxygen (lambda) Sensor, Heating Bank 1 Sensor 1 Performance too low P1103

Random / Multiple Cylinder Missfire Detrected P0300

Cyliner 6 Misfire Detected P0306

Now Im ok when it comes to mechanical issues and fixing them but I have no clue where to go from here, Obviously a Missfire could be the Spark Plugs, Leads, Distributer, etc etc etc and the list goes on.

but where do I start.?

can the misfire of caused the O2 sensors to play up, or is that going to be a seperate problem??

I should also say I had the car fully serviced 2k miles ago, when I bought it by a garage, so plugs have been done, I could change the leads easy enough, are there any known problems with the distributor??? *-)

Thanks for your help

The miss fires are most probably the Coil pack. On the 2000 year engines (AUE usually) the coil pack is bolted onto the nearside side of the engine. Right hand side as you look at it and it has 6 ignition leads going to the spark plugs. It is one main sealed block containing the coils. (Later engines have individual coils that plug straight into the spark plugs).

The problem is, overtime the casing develops hairline cracks which then allows the spark to leak out through the outer casing thus the missfires develop. It becomes apparent more often when it is damp outside. The main pack is around £280 from VW i think. OE manufacturer to VW for this part is BERU. Can be had cheaper from Euro car parts website Also BERU. I changed mine around 5 years ago and it needs done again. I have temporarily sprayed it with WD40 to ward off the damp and so far so good, no problems since but it will need to be changed eventualy.

Hi thanks for replying, I have reset the light and today its back.

The two lambda codes are back

Oxygen (lambda) Sensor, Heating Bank 2 Sensor 1 Performance too low P1108

Oxygen (lambda) Sensor, Heating Bank 1 Sensor 1 Performance too low P1103

but not the misfire.

I think (reido80) is correct in saying the coil pack, I have owned the car for 2 months and not felt this before, so it seems to be an intermittent problem, something to monitor and if it get increasingly worse then look into replacing it.

Im off work Wednesday and Thursday Bungy if your available to meet up. thanks

let me know where and when. (07772 768288)