Renewal, you must be kidding

After receiving my renewal via the post which is just short of 3x last years premium, a quick run through on a comparison website got back under £500 FC with 1 year NCB (second car).

I think "result" until I see the insurer is the same as my current one so is the broker that stole me a deal last year just slightly taking the biscuit??

Loyalty doesn't pay when it comes to brokers

It happens ... Direct line did it to me last year £236 fully comp then this year £550... World crisis, Tsunami, etc etc.. ended up telling the guy he was talking bull and put phone down. Frankly i always feel like i'm being conned with 10 yrs NCB and limited milage 0f 6k and agreed value of 1k ... Morale is don't expect insurers to do anything other than Rob you blind !

( the statement above in no way reflects the opinion of the VR6 owners club !!! )

• 1 month later...

Just got mine.

Turned 25 in june. Lisence held for 7yrs, clean, 9yncb on the accelerater schemes.

Somewhere near £800 for me as a 21 year old to insure it.

Last year it was 1280ish.

Now it's due again, 25yrs old..... 1390 FC..... lol...lol...lol.

Admiral nearly got my custom with a quote of 775.... then came the 11 monthly installments of £121....

Being 25 means nothing now. Country is a state and needs to be blasted to death.

ETA; Adrian Flux are taking 10 months of 125 pcm. Last year it was £114.

• 2 weeks later...

my gf does this every year with churchill.

They give her an inflated renewal, she goes and gets many quotes and churchill is usually the cheapest.

So she buys the quote off the website and rings them up and tells them to let her current policy just expire.

saves like £100 every time

26 year old,6 ync,performance direct always come up cheapest for me, £900 ish on a standard vr6! more expensive than most on here maybe its postcode :S because of this premium i sold my vr6 and bought a leon cupra what i pay £1000 on lol, i save large amounts in fuel though :)

26 year old' date='6 ync,performance direct always come up cheapest for me, £900 ish on a standard vr6! more expensive than most on here maybe its postcode :S because of this premium i sold my vr6 and bought a leon cupra what i pay £1000 on lol, i save large amounts in fuel though :)

[/quote']

Minus the noise of the vr and everything that makes the mk3........

But yes, I see where your coming from. An extra hundred quid for s Leon cupra ova a (at the newest, 13 year old vr) doesn't make sense