Looks more like you have or have had a coolant leak from the expansion bottle and has leaked onto subframe and mixed with general road and oily crap and or gearbox mount fluid. CV boot doesn't look like it's been changed or replaced in quite some time..

Thanks guys

Is this why my engine seems to be leaning to one side.....Kind of like leaning towards the battery side?

You should,nt have any noticeable lean, so investigate and rectify the cause before any possible further damage occurs.

As for the rusty coloured mount staining this could be coolant overflow from the reservoir botlle, here again you need to look at whats caused it ie overfilling,slight overheating during a heavy road session,head gasket issues ?.

Hope This Assist

Stephen

Thanks guys

Is this why my engine seems to be leaning to one side.....Kind of like leaning towards the battery side?

I noticed this when i bought mine but just assumed thats how they were. Another member and now you have raised the question and its making me worry about mine. I took a look at the mount you pictured on mine but i have no gunk or noticable mess.

If the mount was gone surely we'd notice when engine running, booting it, changing gear viciously etc?

Lo M8

Youd think so, but if its a partial failure of the mounting then any inbalance would be cushioned by the universal joint on the drive shaft but personally id investigate it further and find the cause and rectify it.

Stephen

ps would be good to know what sort of angle you guys have and if this as any detrimental effect on lubing the outer two cam lobes etc etc ?.