De-cat and airbox mod.....Gains?

My VR has a Magnex s/s exhaust which has a de-cat.....Would having a de-cat improve performance?

Also I have a direct feed to my airbox from the front fog but if I was to drill a few holes in it like Nat has on here would it benefit any more as in performance?

My direct feed mod'.....Meant me loosing the front fog light but easy enough to put back in and I have MK4 lights with upgraded bulbs so lighting is not an issue!

014-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

Drilling your air box, from experience, only creates induction noise, and defeates the object of your cold air feed by drawing hot air from your engine bay.

You might gain a couple of bhp from the de-cat and exhaust, maybe gain a little mid-range torque.

Drilling your air box' date=' from experience, only creates induction noise, and defeates the object of your cold air feed by drawing hot air from your engine bay.

You might gain a couple of bhp from the de-cat and exhaust, maybe gain a little mid-range torque.

[/quote']

Thanks bud......I wont be drilling my airbox then!

So a few extra ponies may have been gained due to the exhaust. I must get her RR'd and see what she is producing.

i dont think youl see many gains until you started changing engine parts, once you have done the exhaust and induction then the only way of seeing noticeable power increase is by doing cams and or upgraded inlet manifold along s

with a map to suit. very expensive shizney! obv age is a big factor that can effect your figures so its also worth giving her a good service and ironing out any creases :)

well, a standard filter flows well. cone filters sound nice , but suffer from heat soak

so a panel filter is the best of both worlds, as it uses the standard air box , but with a better filter design .. and you get some noise :)

filters are £38 pounds to your door