MK3 VR6 Clutch Pedal Stuck to Floor - Solved!!!

Just to share,

Sitting in traffic, pushed down on my Clutch and boom!!! the pedal cracked and stuck to floor!!! not panacking and close to my house, I was able to drive in 1st (scared to try shift into 2nd without clutch pedal)

With tears building in my eyes, thinking the worst, £200-£300 clutch or the hydraulic system gone faulty.... i started my investigation's...... small piece of metal (about the size of a stamp) was found in the footwell.... further investigations I discovered the pedal return mechanism, in my opinion, the worst design I have ever seen!!! requires this small piece to hold the infamous white clip in place, without it.... the pedal just sticks to the floor and does not return!!!!

A visit from my mechanic friend with his mig welder ;-) and he spot welded the little piece back into place and I was back on the road as good as new!!!

Why am I sharing...... I would advise everyone with a MK3 to double check the clutch pedal return mechanism (its behind a removable plastic panel, 2 plastic screw plugs will remove it) and with a torch, take a good look at the white clip and ensure the small black bracket is secure and not about to give way at your next clutch pedal to floor, whilst sitting in traffic!!!! :-#

*** You have been warned!!!!! lol ***

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...