Jus a quicky, I was driving the other day when the car lost all power an gradually ground to a halt. When i stopped it was idlin extremely low an almost as if it was only 2/3 cylinders......My 1st thought was that is was the coilpack as that had been suggested by a few of u before so i ordered a new 1 the other day an plugged my ignition module into the back of it but it would not start !! It sounds like it wants to but jus dont have enough power !! I have come to the decision that the coil pack i bought was wrong but the real question is " would it be just the coil pack that made it do this in the first place ??"........................

Ps. its a dizzy cap coil........

or the ignition module istelf.

When my 'coil' went it was the actually the black slab at the bottom. Try a cheap G3 16V coil from gsf or wherever. You'll need to find some shorter bolts, but all the plugs fit and the engine runs. Got one on mine at the moment.

Ok so the car is drivin me mad now I ordered new coil pack an put it on yesterday evenin tried to start it, Sounded promising but then battery went flat so put it on charge this morning an tried again after a couple of hours but when i turned the key nothing happnd and i mean nothing. The dash lights stayed on which makes me think its not the battery. Ive tried tappin the starter while tryin to start and had no response its not clicking or doing anything !! Any of u got any ideas as im stumped...........

put your headlights on and see if they dim when you start and/or also a meter across the battery.

Just 'cos you charged it doesnt mean it's okay..

If lights go out battery foobared so try jumping it to be sure then explore the starter issue...

Just tried startin with the lights on and they cut out when i tried to start it.........So im guessin the battery is knackerd then ?? Its odd as it has been fine until yesterday evening when i tried to start it. New battery it is for me then im guessin ??

Jus tried a battery that was bought recently and still nothin its almost as if my immobiliser has suddenly kicked in.....Me an a couple of m8's tried bump startin it but there was nothing it started for like 2 secs an sounded extremely rough then died. There must be a problem with the ignition as its not doin anythin got a multimeter on the case but the battery is holdin steady at same reading even when u turn key to start her !!