Supercharging Issues - Updated

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an issue after I had first fitted mine... Ran great and then ruff as a badgers ar$e suddenly. Similar sounding issues to you... was worse under load not revs...

So the solution I hear you ask....

The pipe that connects derectly on to the charger (MAF/Filter side) was not 100% level. This allowed for a small air leak. It took me 3 hours of knuckle losing jiggery pokery but - Eventually with a little triming here and a little trimming there Perfect!!!!

It then ran as good as gold. May not be your issue but hey something else to check ;)

Good luck

Thanks, I will give this a good looking over on Saturday Morning.

I never had cams so cannot comment.

So it is showing NO fault codes now then?

Its running rough' date=' have you done a TB adaption as it may be that

[/quote']

I see no fault codes now.

How do you do the TB adaption?

Either in VAGCOm if full version or just turn ignition on but dont start it. TB think buzzes and does stuff for 5 mins or so

here are certain test conditions that must be met before doing a TBA:

No DTC's in the Engine Controller

Battery voltage at least 11.5 V

Throttle must be at idling position (keep your foot off the gas pedal)

Throttle body part must not be dirty (carbonized).

Coolant temperature must be between 5 and 95C

Procedure for performing a Throttle Body Alignment on Cable-Throttle Cars:

These are cars with a physical cable between the accelerator and the throttle, but WITHOUT an ISV.

Turn the key on but do not start the car.

[select]

[01 - Engine]

[Measuring Blocks - 08]

Group 098

[Go!]

[switch to basic settings]

Once you do this you will see the top right display say ADP RUN. The TB adaptation is being done as soon as you switch to basic settings. You will see the values change and hear the TB cycle for the first few seconds then it will stop. Leave it in Basic Settings for about 30 seconds.

Click the [switch to Meas. Blocks] button and you're all set.

Be sure not to touch the accelerator and make sure the engine is NOT running when you do this!

I tested this morning and damn you do need the full version of vag.com.

Just an update, I removed the old wiring from the ECU for the Schrick and cleaned that up with new wire and heat wrap.

Boost gauge is installed but no output. Need to do a road test on Saturday morning.

Last point, no errors on the ECU at all but she is running like a dog. So its check all hosing on both the inlet and outlet of the charger next.

How do you check if there are any issues with the HT leads or plugs? Also I am still running standard plugs.

best way to test the plugs is you take all the plugs out and take the fuel reg out ! and put one ht lead back in and put a spark in the ht lead and turn the vr over and see how well the spark is ! if ok then swap the spark over or the quick way i found was disconnect one ht lead and start up the vr and see if the engine sound worse ! or if it sounds he same thats your problem ht !!!