Hi, I have a problem with my brake lights, neither are coming on when I brake, I have changed the bulbs and still nothing, iv checked the fuse and that is fine!

Now I am lost, what else could it be?!

Please help fear of driving at night and being pulled over and fined :(

The wiring on the nearside controls all the lights, so look at the wires going to that large long connector on the back of the nearside cluster, to start with get a multimeter and check that there is power going to the wires when someone presses the brakes. My wiring diagram says the wires are both red and black and the common earth is brown, the circuit has to be totally complete to get any lights to illuminate, it's a kind of all or nothing circuit you can then trace back if there is no power at the wires and find the break

i assumed it was just your brake lights out and all others working, as ive had this happen to me, and it turned out to be a snapped power connection on 1 of the red and black wires, re-soldering cured it for me. Regardless, if you dont have a multimeter get a cheapy one from maplin or something, then you can check both the power levels going through the wires and the continuity which will highlight a break in a connection