Roof Lining

Hey guys, the vr6 has just had a suede roof lining put in but the glue melted due to the heat and dried up over night, i've bought some upholstery tacks that the pin is about 11-12mm long would hammering them in do any damage, the mk3 is for keeps just dont know the depth of the actual roof, anyone done this?

i want a cushion effect like a chesterfield sofa rather than a tight fit, what spray adhesive would work best, given the summer climate i dont want them melting and having the same problem thanks man

yea the glue i've got isnt spray glue just got it from halfrauds its high temp resistant of upto 130 degrees im going to chop off the pin ends and i'm going to stick them up aswel, its going to have the chesterfield look, there will be pictures, ok toilet break then im getting to it :D

I did this years ago in my brothers austin allegro vanden plas, ( i know, i will wash my mouth out!!) I used a staplegun then glued the chesterfield type buttons. Looked different but fairly cool, went with the wood and leather upholstery. Not sure how it would look in a modern but give it a crack. We need pictures. As above i wouldnt used that length of tack.

It's finished now :D i cut the tacks down to 5mm and twisted them like corkscrews and it looks awesome, i will get pictures up, the weathers been rubbish so picture quality is crap, the suedes a nice dark creme colour and the tasks have been painted an 'intense truffle' so it looks old school :) hope for some sun and pictures will be up :D