Anonther VR6 starting Issue (Needs a little bit of throttle in my case!)

Hey All,

I done a search and see a few non start problems on this page...but nothing quite similar to mine...so here goes.

Seems like my 1997 auto needs a tad of throttle in the morning for 1-2 seconds to get her started? She then fires, runs a bit lumpy for a few more seconds, then evens out and drives fine. It does seem to be from cold...and then she rarely sees this problem again for the rest of the day, until the next morning.

Also noticed that on the occasions I have garaged it, it starts first time..even after 1 week!

Things I may start with are distributor, maybe fuel pump/prime? If anyone else has epxereinced this or has any thoughts, it would be appreciated!

Cheers

Matt

if its down to residual fuel pressure there are only a few things that can affect this, the one way valve in the fuel pump, the fuel pressure regulator and the injectors. If any of these seals are leaking then the fuel will just leak back into the tank, causing dry starting like you are getting. Or into the cylinders if its injectors, but youd probably get a flooded scenario or a bang every start too.