Dear All,

Having just purchased a VR6, I am keen to put a new exhaust on it. By that, I mean the bit people see. As far as I am aware the exhaust system(?!) is working, but the 'bit that sticks out the back' is rusty.

Can I just buy the bit at the back?

If so, what is it called and are there any particular makes that go well with VR6's? How much would it cost to fit it?

Thank you so much for putting up with me...

Al.

Most back boxes will be Sports oriented and designed for the centre section it's supposed to go with , so would be a different diameter than the stock bit, so you'd either need to get somewhere to make a reducer section for a manufactured backbox, get the whole exhaust changed or go somewhere like powerflow that do custom exhausts, they would then build one to your exact requirements, also with that route if you wanted the mid section adding later they would be able to re adjust their backbox to match the new centre too

No worries mate, just trying to help :)

Heres a pic of my back box, All stainless steel, altough a few scratches where its been sitting on concrete, but cant be seen when fitted. Although its not a VR, it still uses the same mount holes e.t.c. :) hope that helps, cheers.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m484/Daversity/rsz_img147.jpg