should i have a lamba sensor in my decat pipe?

i have just made a decat pipe to fit from my performance manifold and need to know if i should have the sensor in it still, as there is no cat there anymore! will this cause problems with the ecu? what does everyone else have in there decat pipe? thanks mike

my golf has two sensors one before and one after the cat. will it effect it having one after the cat still in the system without the cat being in there or is that how they all come?

You will need to keep them both in place I do beleive. As your canadain then you have the mk4 chassis and it will need them

what if i was to weld a small threaded box on to the outside of the pipe where the sensor would normally go in to the exhaust. and put the sensor in it? it would get hot and have clean air being in a sealed box that is not in the exhaust system! does anyone think this would work i dont see why not!

well i welded a small box with a nut going in to it on the side of the decat pipe which the sensor screws in to. it is running fine and no light on either. so fingers crossed untill i can get it all remapped. i want to get cams in it before i get it remapped because ill have to take it off the island over to vancouver so its alot of hastle! thanks for your help