[poll] Aftermarket Alarm Advice

Hi,

I am looking to have an aftermarket alarm fitted to my vr6 as the gent, who owned it before did not leave me one in :-(, does anybody have any recommendations, so far i have been looking at the viper 330v, and the toad ai606, does anybody have any experience, or reccomendations,

regards

I put a toad 606 on mine mate it's a cat 1 and it only costs about £120 (although I am certified installer so I can stamp the certificate)

But put about £80 on top for fitting and for around £200 - £250 you will have a very good cat1 alarm

I had a cifford G5 on my mk4 and they cost £350 before fitting for pretty much the same standed of alarm

well I have nothing on there at the momment but would want something that could do remote locking and alarm /immobiliser, can you supply and fit ? and let me know what it would cost and how long it would take ,im based near exeter so local enough Thanks mate

i would say toad ai606 too, if i had another alarm fitted it would be this one just for its custmoisation abilities, i have a clifford hornet atm and its good as a straightforward cat1 but you cant do much else with it.

Make sure you get them to hook up total closure which is a standard feature on the toad and clifford, its so handy to just get out the car on a sunny day with the windows and sunroof open and lock the car and walk away and everything shuts

I've had a Viper fitted to my VR by a friend. He has his own company which is handy.

They are slightly more than the Toad but cheaper than Clifford.

The Viper has loads of scope for add-one like remote start, etc. They also have the best looking remote of the lot, especially since Clifford changed theirs.

Bottom line is you won't go wrong with any of the three makes. It'll all come down to cost really.