Strange Rubbing noise - Help needed

I've got a 97 VR6 and a couple of months ago there was a strange rubbing noise coming from the right front wheel when you hit about 115mph. (Found it on a track day). A quick look showed that the plastic guard on the drivers side of the front bumper was missing, so i replaced it.

Tested it the other day and the sound is still there, but not quite as loud.

Any ideas?????

Was thinking of the bearings, but that would make a noise all the time.

The noise isn't all the time though, seems to be on and off when you go round corners, or when the suspension is travelling up and down.

Any ideas would be appreciated as i'm hopeing to go to the Nurburgring in the spring, and don't want something to fail on me!

Have you got it lowered with bigger rims? If so did you remove some of the plastic liner before putting it on?

Are there any rivets/fasteners missing from the other lining?

If it was bearings it would be a constant drone, or if really bad would seriously affect your braking (your pedal would go all mushy) By then though i hope you wouldnt be driving it!!! :)

this is a looong shot, but when i fit my BMC i let the MFA plug fall down a bit too much and it was knocking against a plastic wire clip on the wheel well, it make a stupid knocking sound. I just loosend the mfa sensor and twisted it up to solve it, dunno if that helps though.