Which fuel pipe is fuel into the injection rail ???

Evening all..

Just wondering as you look at the engine on the left hand side you have your fuel feed in and fuel return pipe back to the tank..

Im just wondering is it the top hose or the bottom hose thats fuel in ???? Reason i ask is becasue ive just done the head gasket on my vr6 and it was running fine the all of a suddon it coughed and spluttered and stopped, i tried restarting and it kinda tried the died...

Im thinking its ran out of fuel as the guage is pretty low, so i pulled the top pipe off and tried cranking the car and nothing came out, a little gushed out when i first pulled it off but then nothing... The top hose seamed to go to the more squarer looking side of the fuel rail, the square one the sits on top of all the injectors..

The bottom pipe seamed to go to a little round take off pipe from the fuel rail which i can only assume is fuel ruturn ??

You may ask why not get some fuel and try it, but the cars at work and im at home, its playing on my mind thinking have i done summit wrong on head gasket or is it just ran outta fuel, if some one can just say which pipe is fuel in then i can rest my crazy head lol...

Cheers all.....

Cheers mate...

Seams i was disconnecting the return...

Shouldnt i still get fuel out the ruturn when cracking, cus i had nothing ?

Also where can i find that parts thing, i down loaded one and i cant seam to make the pics any bigger just stays tiny... i want one like urs lol...