36mm oil filter housing nut chewed!

just changed everything to service my car but the oil filter housing plastic nut is chewed so i cant get it off, any other ways of getting of off?

ive tried one of them straps that you tighten over it but it keeps slipping.

you wont mate, i have the oil filter set to remove all plastic housings and out of 20 different cups not one fit... i ordered a new one for mine and when it came its got metal inside the plastic on the newer ones so impossible to break..

Youll have to get a new one mate and smash ur old one off...

Yea does sound like you arent gonna gry it off in a serviceable confition. Would think the easiest thing would be to try and chisel it round or drill holes in it to get some good purchase on it, then try and wrench it off, it should only be on with 30Nm of force so shouldn't be to much grief to get off.

you wont mate' date=' i have the oil filter set to remove all plastic housings and out of 20 different cups not one fit... i ordered a new one for mine and when it came its got metal inside the plastic on the newer ones so impossible to break..

Youll have to get a new one mate and smash ur old one off...

[/quote']

cool you got the VW part number for a new one?

Use an old school bike chain style oil filter tool, it'll cut in an grip.

Or take the Allen plug out and get the jaws of the grips in the hole and outside on the socket hexagon. They aren't supposed to be tight and have a large thread so you only need to start it, then finish by hand. Taking the Allen plug out will release the vacuum as well and make it easier