if you put a non airbag wheel in and still wanted to retain function of the other lights (like ABS!) but dont want to see the airbag light every time then you can just take the light cover off and bend the led for the airbag right out of the way, then it doesnt shine through the airbag warning bit.

dont quote me on this but I've heard that you can just bridge the plug with a wire to fool the car into thinking the air bag is still there, it works on resistance from the air bag igniter so when its not there the resistance is to high and shows up the fault.

But like I said its just what I've heard, I know the bit about the igniter is right but I haven't tried this myself.

hi there just changed my steering wheel and the air bag light is on' date='do i have to reset the fault

[/quote']

Have you changed it for a non standard wheel

If you have just swapped from standard to standard the fault should go away by itself after a certain amount of restarts

if you have swapped to a non airbag wheel you will need to put a resistor inline or cover remove the bulb