Right i have a problem i ve replace the rings of the bloody vr twice now and the same thing has happened twice !! really get on my tits now ! anyone shed some light on the subject ! problem is the rings wear away to quick ! i ve taken the bottom end to sutton rebore for them to measure it as they might have a clue whats going on ! i told them the story and they rekcon that the vr is over fueling and wearing the rings out !! now is this possible ??? or am i going made ! the only reason it could be overfueling is the one injector i changed ! now if anyone has any idea please let me know thanks steve

Thats seriously quick wear! What oil are you using? Have you vagcom'ed your car to check for any other faults, like lambda? When you rebuilt your engine, what oil and how much did you use? Did you let the rings 'wear in', i.e keeping below 3500rpm for the first few miles?

The oil I was using was I think was 10-40 I need to check that and yes was letting the rings bed in I wasnt going to rag the shit out of it then see my blood, sweat and tears go BOOM lol no I haven't vagcommed it and the lamber is a new lamber and the air flow sensor is new and a new pump and new reg and one second hand injector !!

• 2 weeks later...

All six had basically warn down and sutton rebore said that it was because of bore wash !! which i can not think of what could be causing it !! i had it all measured they said that it would need a rebore as the bores where 7thou out ! and that journal 3 was down abitbut nothing magjor i would have thought to cause this bore wash ! some people have said about the lambor sensor or fuel pump or resetting the ecu because it think that then engine is cold and leaving it on choke all the time ! any info would be great as i have a new bottom end coming thisweek thanks steve

Bore wash is caused by to much petrol in the cylinder, I would get it on vag-com to check the injecter timing (my Vr is around 3.5ms) and other readouts. also I would check the oil gallerys are not blocked. also you're local mot garage can use there emissions tester to see if you're Vr is over fueling.