Hello all ,

I am new to the forum as I just bought a 1995 vr6 golf on monday last week .

Since then I have done a full service on the car including coil pack and leads etc , however when trying to satrt the car the engine has to turn over atleast 4 or 5 times befor it starts and then I have to give it a bit of throttle to get it going .

Once running it idle fine and pull ok , I do have a problem where if I'm just driving along and just give a little more throttle to overtake the car seams like it loses power and then give it more it all of a sudden gives loads of power.

What could this be , any he'll would be great.

Regards

Check your air filter sounds like it's not getting enough air flow to me. Could be a leak on the inlet side after the MAF this will also cause a smilar problem.

Can't be the filter as I just changed all that , how would I beable to check for a leak after the maf ?

Also if anyone could tell me where the interior blower is located in the car as it isn't doing anything at the moment that would help me aswell as demisting the windows in the morning realy sucks lol.

this is probably to do with the fan speed controller. Located just behind the lower glove box / or main glove box if you have a passanger air bag.