Mk2 vr6 diagnostic

I posted a few weeks ago in regards to finding the diagnostic port on my mk2 vr6 I asked the I brought it from and he said it doesn't have one. Obviously it had one wether it's cut out or not I don't know. Its engine Code is aaa. I'm not sure what connector it should be either 16 pin or the older type. I am also thinking to change whole wiring loom is it worth it ?

I think your best bet is to start taking some of your dash apart to see if you can find the diagnostic plug(s). It must have one, because i'm sure there wouldn't be a reason to just chop those off when doing a mk3 to 2 conversion.

My vr is a 1993, obd1, with a 16 pin diagnostics plug, just for reference.

Ok cool will give it another try I have looked. Tho the guy has put the ecu where the glovebox usually goes. The only reason I want to access the port is that i can run a diagnostics on my car because it's giving me 10 mpg. And with the fuel prices I must be a mad man to be driving this about.

Thanks allot for the help guys I guess I'll try the lambda seeing as it's the easier option. Otherwise I gotta remove the dash and all sorts. However I did notice the small type 2 pin connector I havent seen this before on vws I assume it's the old type. But is their any way of telling what type it would/should be. The engine is aaa and ignition is through coil pack. Does it also

Depend on what loom the guy used when converting it and again if I was to change the loom could I put any vr loom in, reason I say that is because if I'm gna end up ripping the dash off and don't find noting I may aswell change it. Another reason is I would like to hook the mfa up because it doesn't work and that may require a certain type of loom I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right guys I have tested the lambda this morning checked resistance on the pins abd it seems to be fine according to autodata. Checked engine side wiring that's ok and getting full 12v so I can't understand why it's drinking so much fuel. I still can't find the 16 pin connector. Does anyone know where I can purchase a loom from ?? Or have any other ideas!