VF Engineering supercharger kit - 'bad press' from 'elsewhere'.

I cant see how they are all having so much trouble ... I have had mine for what 2 years or so now ... only had trouble with the bearings once , never knocked out a water pump, don`t get belt slip, ok im not running the VF soft wear but that was my choice, no faults with the plastic boost pipes, (which now i dont have but thats because i went from obd1 - 2 so needed a different pipe), can get parts fine for them, no need for special belts ..... and I`m running about 340 bhp with out the NOS and its pretty dame quick ..... so must just be stupid fat American key board warriors .... imop ...

I don't have a supercharger :( but it's like most things if you take your time and know what your doing then I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

I mean a big company like them would have gone through test after test before releasing it to the public. To be honest it just seems a handful of people that are unhappy just because they say it's crap it don't mean anything. I'm sure there's plenty out there that's got it working snd had no problems.

Thanks Tony,

Hey, I'm just a 'newbee' looking for a reliable 250 horses....!

It is not my intention to stir the shit around here. Particularly as I only just signed-up...!

The 'pulley tension' issue however interests me!

Note the 'upgrade' to the mk 3 blower!

Any other takers?

Rich.

I've been reading up on charger fitment and idler / tensioner placement. I'm no expert and i'm still learning but if they are wrecking water pumps they are tensioning too hard. There has to be a certain amount of surface contact between belt and pulley to achieve the correct friction without wiping bearings. Maybe they just weren't set up correctly. Tony seems to do well....