My Central Locking has all of a sudeenn stopped working on my mk3 gold vr6

Want to try the cheapest options before i have to go and buy central locking pump :-(

Is there a fuse for central locking and where about if so? theres not one in the main fuse box....or the fuse box cover has no mention of one.

please help

craig

• 4 weeks later...

I got same problem. Clock' date=' interior light, central locking and number plate not working. Ill check the fuse tomorrow. Would the affect the boot lock from not turning aswel? It wont lock. Feels solid.

[/quote']

sounds like the lock has siezed buddy lace it in wd40 and try and work it back and forth and you will hopefully find it slowly releases use loads of wd and hopefully it wont sieze again,on another note guys that fuse 21 also powers the diag plug as i found out on the track hack the other day so if you have no communication with your car check out the fuse!!!

i had that problem with mine, i took the lock barrel to bits and found it was jammed because someone had WD40'd the lock at some point and any dust and crap had stuck to it, building up and causing the lock barrel to eventually seize up totally.

I carefully stripped the barrel, making quite sure that all the slides and springs were placed in order of assembly, and cleaned everything up like new again.

I re-assembled the lock using dry graphite powder lubricant, its specially for locks, being dry it doesnt attract crap to stick to it. If you couldnt find the powder a good substitute is to heavily cover every surface of the sliders in pencil lead, its also graphite.

If you choose to follow this, be warned that you cannot just puff the powder into the lock as youll just fill the barrel with the powder, you would need to strip the lock and finely coat every surface removing any excess graphite.

I did this with all the barrels in my car as they were all a bit sticky and havent had a problem since

Came to the car this morning and car wouldn't unlock. Lock had frozen up so had to pour warm water over it so could unlock it. I was think using some white grease spray in all the locks and anywhere else that slides. But now ill have to get some graphite spray instead because sounds better to use! lol and obviously sounds like good stuff! :D