mk2 vr wiring questions

hey fella's just a quick question.

to put it simple i've stated installing the wiring from my mk3 into my mk2, im doing a complete swap as the mk2 was a 1.3 cl not a gti model. i removed the loom that runs down the drivers side to the fuel tank, im guessing this is the fuel level sender, it plugs in the top of the tank. any way when i tried to seperate it from the rest of the loom i broke a couple of weak wire's and now dont know where it goes. im also guessing the fuel pump is inside the tank and i aint got one uder the car, so this will be for this too.

i need to know what colour wires i need to find and attatch it to as the colours on the plug dont all match with the loom i have. there was a 2nd plug not connected with the tank and i think some of the wires went into that then out again, kinda piggy backing on the plug, but this changed the wire's colour combination.

2nd question is do i also need to remove all the loom behind the dash that runs over to the passenger side.

basically i got 2 loom's currently laid roughly in the mk2's bay, both entered atthe drivers side, behind the master cylinder, 1 is the obvious ecu loom and another 1 which splits in 2 via one of the round multi connector's.

long story short is i've fucked up and am absolutely shite at wiring can any one help please as im getting the mk3 taken away next week and dont wanna be leaving wiring behind im gunna need.

what else will i need, and does anyone have a wiring diagram i can try and use.

• 4 weeks later...