Fixing my Golf 4mo - HELP!!

As some of you may be aware I have had major problems with my 4motion so on saturday I got it back from the garage and I'm doing it myself......NOVICE!

Everything is not where it's supposed to be because of the supercharger....although there was no reason for it to be moved in the first place so I'm putting it all back. At the minute there is metres and metres of badly extended cable - poor connections, gaffa tape, usual cowboy bodge job (you'll see in the pics below) - so I'm attempting to correct it.

I'm looking for advice - as my local VW garage is not very helpful and doesn't give straight answers when I ask about parts - so buying from them isn't really an option.

Picture 1: An overview shot of what it looks like after 2 hours spent taking off the front bumper and supercharger

Picture 2: I know this is the MAF Connector - you can see how badly it's been done - it's full of oil/water /general gunk and it;s been extended in 3 places :S - is it possible to buy a new one with wiring harness? If so where do I get one from?

Picture 3: What is this? I think it's the EVAP canister but it's not actually connected to much except one cable which is in picture 4. Do I need it? And if I do where are the pipes actually supposed to connect to? so I can do it right.

Picture 4: The one cable that plugs into the potential EVAP canister. What does it do and where does it connect to? It isn't connected to anything at the moment.

I'm starting my rebuild thread - any help appreciated as you can see from the picturse it's a mess. After 10 years, 7 previous owners and not much love - I think it deserves some TLC.

And any auto electricians/mechanics/etc fancying a weekend in Taunton are more than welcome lol ;)

Cheers

Stuart

1285520232_11713_FT0_p1020332_.jpg

1285520232_11713_FT0_p1020362_.jpg

1285520232_11713_FT0_p1020355b_.jpg

1285520232_11713_FT0_p1020318_.jpg