knocking/cracking noise

got quite a load knocking/cracking noise under heavy braking or harsh accleration. pretty sure its the CV joint...mate raised the point it could be loose engine mounts but drove down road with bonnet open and head out window watching the engine (lol) and it wasnt moving. any thoughts?

think i might need mine doing, when selecting reverse, as i begin to reverse turing left hand down i get rather a nasty knock, then knock again as i turn right hand down and move forward. It now happens, if i just go to reverse without turning since changing to coilies on onday, plus its a lot louder now :o :S :S

only reason i think CV is 'cos when i put my coilies on the joint just kinda fell off...i replaced it properly with new grease etc just kinda hit me as odd that it just...fell off. normally there a c***t to get off lol. il have a fiddle around and let you know what i find. got a donor car i can swap bits with just to test theories

small update...replaced ball joint and track rod end and noise is still there!! had it running and in gear on the ramp in the air and was having a look...driveshaft was turning in what looked like a very unhealthy way...was not spinning as you would expect, more controlled wobbling than spinning...so next stop, CV joint/driveshaft!